System Engineer Expert
In this role
As our company is growing and we offer more service to our teams, we are looking for an expert System Engineer with a broad set of expertise in Linux, Container technology, DevOps and including Network skills. You will be part of the Corporate IT Operations team which create and operate the inner IT services.
You will be responsible of the following activities:
- Design, configure, install and maintain various applications and services
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliabilityProvide 2nd level support (systems and network) and troubleshoot to resolve issues
- Provide expert knowledge for internal applications & customer projects
- Manage assigned projects to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Maintain contact to providers
- Participate on-call service (12x7)
- Any other duties as assigned by management
What we offer
- A welcoming environment and a young, motivated and friendly team
- Interesting and varied tasks
- A flat hierarchy and cross-sector collaboration
- Work at one of the leading Swiss IT service providers
About your profile
- Strong knowledge of Linux (Debian and CentOS)
- Strong knowledge of F5 BigIP.
- Strong knowledge of network concepts (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, VPNs, Firewalls, etc)
- Good knowledge of oVirt
- Good knowledge of Docker
- Used to DevOps approach. Ansible hands-on expertise a plus.
- Good knowledge of Windows and Microsoft ecosystem (Windows, AD, Azure)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small team.
- System Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluent speaking and writing in French and English
- Must live (or be ready to move) within 45 minutes of Lausanne, Headquarters of ELCA