Senior Big Data Expert
In this role
Across customers’ projects:
- You will be part in multiple projects in the field of Big Data and act as a mentor for project team members as well as a single point of contact for the customers
- You will support the acquisition of new client projects, by preparing offers, and holding client presentations
- You will contribute to elaborate and lead specific Value Propositions around various fields of Big Data usage and architecture
- You will be responsible for the design, building, deployment, and maintenance of mission critical analytics solutions that process data quickly at big data scales for our customers’ project
- You will contribute to design, code, configuration, and documentation of components that manage data ingestion, real time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data sources and usages.
- You will cross-train other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members.
- You will interact with engineering teams across project teams and ensure that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, security and reliability.
- You will perform development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end to end responsibility of solutions.
- You will work directly with business analysts and data scientists to understand and support their use cases.
What we offer
- A key role in a multidisciplinary service company, a Swiss leader in the field of new technologies
- Attractive development opportunities in various technological fields with further responsibilities
- Challenging work close to customers
- A very pleasant working environment in a young and motivated team where team spirit is a core value
- Time for self-development (certifications, conferences, …)
About your profile
- 5+ years of experience coding in Java, Python, or Scala, with solid cloud services fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design
- 4+ years contributing to R&D and production deployments of large backend data processing and analysis systems
- 3+ years of hands-on implementation experience working with a combination of the following technologies: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, Presto, Storm, Hbase or Cassandra.
- 3+ years of experience deploying and automating solutions in Cloud, Azure is a strong asset
- Knowledge of SQL and MPP databases (e.g. Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Snowflake)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high-quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills and a desire to work collaboratively
- Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical use cases highly desirable
- Fluent in French and English, German is a strong asset.