Java Architect/ Technical Lead
In this role
- You will work with business and software engineering teams to build Java applications from the ground up.
- You will guide teams through the end-to-end project lifecycle, covering the initial conception, business requirements, software architecture, implementation and flawless delivery.
- You will be acting as a technical lead and coach for the more junior team members.
- You will provide technological and architectural consulting to our clients, give technical recommendations and advise on their execution.
- You will support pre-sales on tender responses, proof-of-concept work and the design of innovative solutions, with an emphasis on scalability, modularity, flexibility, and performance.
- You will run group-wide thought leadership initiatives to advance our architectural practice and sustain our technical excellence.
What we offer
- A stimulating and professional working environment in a dynamic team with extensive expertise
- Exciting projects and challenging problems to solve using the latest technologies
- Flat organizational hierarchies and cross-functional teamwork
- Close contact with customers in diverse industries
- A supportive culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
About your profile
- 6+ years of experience in designing and implementing large-scale Java applications
- Strong hands-on experience with frameworks such as Spring / Spring Boot, JPA / Hibernate or other ORM and build tools such as Maven / Gradle
- Solid knowledge of integration patterns and best practices such as synchronous vs. asynchronous communications, RESTful APIs, messaging, publish-subscribe
- Good knowledge of domain modeling and domain-driven design
- Hands-on experience with containers and orchestration platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Strong knowledge of best practices and tooling for CI/CD, DevOps and code quality
- Experience in monitoring, troubleshooting and profiling systems with tools such as JMeter, Java Flight Recorder / Java Mission Control
- Interest in propagating latest developments of the JAVA ecosystem within the company (GraalVM, Quarkus, …)
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular and Vue is a plus.
- Experience with some cloud services and stream platforms such as AWS, Kafka etc. is a plus.
- A passion for clean code and pragmatic, elegant design
- Enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, team spirit, and passion for software craftmanship
- Good communication skills, fluent in French or German, and in English