In this role
- You will work with business and software engineering teams to build data platforms from the ground up, driven by concrete business use cases.
- You will guide teams through the end-to-end project lifecycle, covering the initial conception, business requirements, software architecture, implementation, and flawless delivery. You will be acting as a technical lead and coach for the more junior team members.
- You will provide technological and architectural consulting to our clients, create strategic roadmaps, and advise on their execution.
- You will support pre-sales on tender responses, proof-of-concept work, and the design of modern data platforms, both on premise and in the cloud.
- You will run group-wide thought leadership initiatives to advance our architectural practice and sustain our technical excellence.
What we offer
- Get the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience by working on a broad range of exciting projects, products, customers and technologies
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and international sites team
- Attractive prospects for career path & Personal development through training and coaching
- The chance to make a difference in peoples’ life by building innovative solutions
- Various internal coding events (Hackathon, Brownbags), see our technical blog
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Good work-life balance (2 days per week from home)
- Attractive pension fund with 3 types of employees’ contributions
- Premium and worldwide coverage with Zurich insurance fully supported by the company
- 1/2 SBB fare abonnement
- Mobile and internet discount program
About your profile
- 6+ years of experience in designing and implementing large-scale data-intensive software solutions
- Hands-on experience in architecting big data systems and analytical pipelines covering data collection, data preparation and storage, data analysis and serving to data scientists or business users
- Solid knowledge of integration patterns and best practices such as synchronous vs. asynchronous communications, RESTful APIs, messaging, publish-subscribe
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, real-time vs. (micro-)batch processing and related design principles and patterns
- Solid knowledge of data-centric patterns, data modelling, query optimization on several storage solutions among SQL databases, document stores, graph databases, time-series databases, data warehouses
- Experience with one or several distributed streaming / processing platforms such as Kafka, Spark or cloud-based alternatives
- Strong knowledge of best practices and tooling for CI/CD pipelines, DevOps, automation, agile methods, automated testing, code quality
- Good communication skills, fluent in French or German, and in English