Digitization and bimodal project management
Our 360° project management approach is a core ELCA discipline and a strategic differentiator. We guide your digitization projects on the road to success by implementing the right combination of traditional and agile project management components.
Program and project management are key success factors in the implementation of a business strategy. They are core ELCA disciplines and a strategic differentiator.
ELCA’s value proposition is based on the extensive application of proven methodologies by highly experienced project managers, to meet customer’s expectations of on-time delivery, scope and quality.
- Our project managers adopt the 360° approach in your projects, combining classical management activities (scope, cost, time, procurement, risk, and quality) with soft factors (communication, people and stakeholder management) to establish commitment and global satisfaction in the projects.
- Our project management method is based on the five basic concepts of the PMBOK® Guide: Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle, Progressive Elaboration, Rolling Wave Planning, Decomposition and Continuous Improvement. We adjust the "How" of implementation to the new challenges of digitization projects and combine them with your project management guidelines, e.g., HERMES.
The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation at the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA)
The FDFA is responsible for compiling and publishing statistics on international cooperation and other quantitative information for the attention of the Federal administration, Parliament and the public. ELCA’s project managers and business analysts defined the requirements, developed a project strategy, initialized the project based on the HERMES method, conducted a WTO tender and led the project to ensure successful operationalization of the database system on a new technology platform.
"ELCA’s project managers and business analysts defined the requirements, developed a project strategy, initialized the project based on the HERMES method, conducted a WTO tender and led the project to ensure successful migration and modernization of our application on a new technology platform.
We highly appreciate the professional engagement from ELCA, especially in the procurement process and the good understanding of client’s needs during the business analysis."
"Project management is like juggling three balls – time, cost and quality. Program management is like a troupe of circus performers standing in a circle, each juggling three balls and swapping balls from time to time."
Beyond "on time, on budget"
Our certified project managers (IPMA, PMI, HERMES) are used to mastering projects of various sizes and complexity. Their mission is to ensure your project generates the expected value, on time and on budget. They master different project settings (see graphics): In traditional projects, they minimize the project costs and duration for the defined scope and quality (classical waterfall project management). In digitization projects, they master the challenge of scope management to maximize results delivery for the defined cost and time budget (agile project management, combined with waterfall model).
Along with project management methods, they have broad practical know-how in different domains.
Business and technology expertise
ELCA combines business project management with profound technological expertise. Hence, we are capable of advising and guiding business on IT-related issues, with a network of more than 1000 IT experts available for individual analyses and assessments.
Competencies to scale
As one of the biggest independent Swiss IT solution providers with more 1000 consulting and IT experts, ELCA can easily scale capabilities as needed during project peaks – even at short-notice.
- Initializing and leading programs and projects.
- Selecting and establishing different project management disciplines, such as quality, risk, test or change management.
- Conducting project reviews, coaching project managers and assisting them in mastering their projects before or when facing difficulties.
- Supporting the introduction or the improvement of company-wide project management capabilities including project portfolio management and project management processes.
- Supplementing resources to fill staffing shortages by taking over tasks such as business analysis, testing, project controlling, etc.
Business Analysis works with stakeholders to identify business needs, optimize processes and design a solution leveraging up-to-date digital technologies.
For 50 years ELCA has continuously improved how we develop software or integrate products. To benefit from agile practices, we designed a proprietary agile project management framework: AgileIT.
How to ensure the quality of IT applications with agility and confidence in a context of evolving market conditions and accelerated time-to-market?