Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) Viewer (Internship/ Master Thesis)
In this role
CDA is an E-Health standard for structured XML documents, which contain medical data. XML is a machine-readable format. However, the main purpose of CDA documents is the exchange of medical data between doctors (aka health care providers).
A CDA document may contain, besides structured text, audio and video information, so the aspect of "human readability" is meant in a broader sense. The healthcare providers as the main target group have high expectations in the potential of structured medical data. However, a lot of open questions remain regarding what "relevant data" actually means; depending on the context and the reader this may vary.
The challenge is to reap the benefits from the structured medical data without creating new issues (such as liability when the content of CDA documents are changed).
The objective of this internship is to create a proof of concept for viewing CDA based medical documents in a web browser and in PDF representation. The intern will be supported by ELCA domain and technology experts. The internship’s tasks include:
- Refining the use-case together with our team
- Asses the current CDA tool support for viewing CDA content
- Designing a solution to view CDA level 1-3 data in a browser as well as in PDF
- Implementation of a proof of concept, including a graphical frontend which can be used together with healthcare providers to verify their needs and to identify usability aspects
What we offer
INTERNSHIP in Lausanne or Zurich.
Join our team as intern and you will find a young, dynamic and culturally diverse working environment.
About your profile
- Software engineering incl. moderate programming skills.
- Interest in E-Health data and processes as well as conceptual work based on it.
- Openness regarding technologies as the implementation stack must be defined during the design phase.
With 50+ year of history and over 1300 specialists, we offer a unique spectrum of experience, skills and technical innovations.
You want to leverage your educational background, apply your infinite curiosity and your out-of-the-box thinking.
Your initiative is a chance ! We're constantly looking for talented individuals. Check our latest job opportunities !