Cloud data-warehouses for SQL analytics, revolution or evolution? (Internship/Master Thesis)
In this role
The objectives of this internship include:
- Create a big data SQL benchmark based on public datasets (e.g., GDELT, CitiBike)
- Experiment and measure performance of SQL query (Snowflake, BigQuery, Presto/Trino)
- Compare to competing offerings like data lake engines (e.g., Dremio, Databricks’ SQL Analytics) or SQLon-Hadoop engines (e.g., Impala, Spark SQL)
- Provide an assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of each solution
- Issue recommendations for target use cases
What we offer
Join our team as intern and you will find a young, dynamic and culturally diverse working environment.
About your profile
- Strong interest in SQL and query engines
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of data management and system architecture
- Knowledge of cloud service deployments (AWS or GCP)
You want to leverage your educational background, apply your infinite curiosity and your out-of-the-box thinking.
Your initiative is a chance ! We're constantly looking for talented individuals. Check our latest job opportunities !
With 50+ year of history and over 1300 specialists, we offer a unique spectrum of experience, skills and technical innovations.