Head of Platform Operations
In this role
We are looking for an experienced Head of Platform Operations. The “Platform” regroups the shared services and infrastructure on top of which we build services to our direct customers and to others SaaS solutions of the group.
The Head of Platform Operations manages and coaches IT Operations team to ensure high SLA, correct prioritizing of the daily work, promoting autonomy and engagement of the whole team in terms of quality of service.
You are accountable for the roadmap of services and set of technology under the responsibility of the Operations team. You will work with the other units (Customer Delivery, Technology, etc..) and with the ECS General Manager to ensure adequation of the offering with the needs.
The operational team is mainly based in Switzerland between Lausanne, Geneva and Bern.
It’s composed of three teams (System, Support and Network). It covers a wide set of technologies and services such as VMWare, OKD, OpenStack, Network, Storage, Public clouds such as AWS, Azure and GCP.
In this strategic role the head platform operations will also be responsible to ensure operational team is adapting to a fast-growing company, meeting challenging service level and adapting the organization to volume increase and to new offerings.
In the ELCA Cloud Services company, your main goal will be:
- to ensure professional services are delivered to our customer, tracking quality, ensuring security is met at all level of services as SLA
- to improve process and way of working of the whole operational teams
- to act as a key transversal actor within ELCA Cloud Services company
This includes :
- Determine objectives, strategies, systems and procedures
- Play the Interface role with the whole organization and provide input for the establishment, maintenance and improvement of quality processes and procedures
- Ensure quality of the day-to-day operations support services
- Ensure alert are handled on time and activities are closely monitored to identify any potential risk impacting quality of ELCA Cloud services
- Ensure high incident management
- Follow up SLA
- Define and implement KPI, improve process and implement best practices
- Provide appropriated reporting to various stakeholders, internal as customers
- Support quality agreement negotiation with relevant partners when required
- Regularly monitors IT Platforms; ensures their correct maintenance and life cycle; analyze their costs versus performances and proactively proposes and delivers improvement plans
- Facilitates dynamic allocation of pooled IT Platforms resources
What we offer
- Get the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience by working on a broad range of exciting projects, products, customers and technologies
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and international sites team
- Attractive prospects for career path & Personal development through training and coaching
- The chance to make a difference in peoples’ life by building innovative solutions
- Various internal coding events (Hackathon, Brownbags), see our technical blog
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Good work-life balance (2 days per week from home)
- Attractive pension fund with 3 types of employees’ contributions
- Premium and worldwide coverage with Zurich insurance fully supported by the company
- 1/2 SBB fare abonnement
- Mobile and internet discount program
About your profile
- Bachelor degree or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience and senior leadership
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in organizational culture as a Platform
- Experience of successfully managing an IT Operation team with leadership
- Strong team orientation including the ability to coach and mentor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accountable for making independent decisions regarding daily Operations with minimal supervision
- Fluent in French and English
- Able to drive change within complex organization