Internet of Things and FOG computing applications for E-Health (Internship / Master Thesis)
In this role
Internet of Things (IoT) is a fast-growing area and its use in the healthcare domain will contribute to improve and maintain people’s health.
As the number of sensors increases, the quantity of generated data is growing even faster, and that data must be correlated and analysed to put it to use. FOG computing provides a basis to devise solutions that collect the generated data in real-time and to make them available for users without a data-science background.
This internship aims to define a specific use case and to create a proof of concept using a FOG computing environment and IoT toolset.
The intern will be supported by ELCA domain and technology experts. The internship’s tasks include:
- Define a use-case together with our team
- Evaluate the IoT toolsets used to collect the data to process
- Design a solution; this includes addressing open challenges like acquisition, correlation of data and interpretation in real-time
- Implement a proof of concept to visualise the data using a graphical frontend
What we offer
Diploma Thesis / Internship in Lausanne or Zurich. Join our team as intern and you will find a young, dynamic and culturally diverse working environment.
About your profile
- Software engineering incl. moderate programming skills.
- Interest in IoT technologies and real-time data analysis, and conceptual work based on it.
- Openness regarding technologies as the realization stack has to be defined in the design phase.
With 50+ year of history and over 1300 specialists, we offer a unique spectrum of experience, skills and technical innovations.
You want to leverage your educational background, apply your infinite curiosity and your out-of-the-box thinking.
Your initiative is a chance ! We're constantly looking for talented individuals. Check our latest job opportunities !