This opportunity is based in Zurich
(Internship / Master Thesis) Abstracting Proprietary Serverless Cloud Building Blocks for Easier Development and Compliance
In this role
- Get an understanding of Serverless Technologies (Functions, Queues, DBs, Block Storage, …) in at least two target environments (E.g. AWS and on-premise on Openshift with Knative)?
- Assemble and evaluate existing technologies as a base for the work. Candidate technologies include, Terraform, AWS CDK, Apache Camel, Serverless Framework (https://github.com/serverless/serverless), …
- Define how to describe an application in a cloud-agnostic way. Ideas: Internal DSLs (Domain Specific Language), hierarchical description of components in YAML (such as Terraform does it), a graphical DSL?
- Write some sample applications with the approach
- Experiment with mappings of the cloud-agnostic representation to different target environments. What is a good approach? Fully automated generation? Or is a manual writing of the different target environment configurations more promising (except maybe the Serverless Functions)?
What we offer
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and multiples international sites team
- Personal development through training and coaching
- A flat hierarchy and a culture of collaboration across all disciplines
- The chance to make a difference in peoples’ life by building innovative solutions
- High innovation and research backed up by collaboration with universities like EPFL/ETH
- Various internal coding events (Hackathon, Brownbags), see our technical blog
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Good life balance (41 working hours per week and possibility to work 2 days per week from home)
About your profile
- Interest for the cloud services on typical Hyperscaler/ On Premise cloud infrastructures
- Interest in application architectures
- Interest in comparing and applying different development approaches
Inspire yourself by our motto: We make it work!
Interested? Then apply now, we look forward to getting to know you!