IT Support Technician
In this role
As Support Technician you ensure service continuity for our customers. Together with your peers you manage highly critical systems around the globe, including more than 5’000 servers and containers, as well as workplaces and office IT equipment’s.
- Take preventive actions, react to monitoring alerts and answer to customer request in a mixed environment (workstation and servers).
- Be involved in activities such as the preparation and roll-out of IT equipment (servers, storage and network components, workstations and laptops), enhancement of procedures, and documentation as well as customer projects.
What we offer
- A broad field of technology (OS layer, network, databases, applications, etc) from standard applications to micro-services on different cloud platforms.
- A pleasant working environment in a motivated team with solid expertise and intensive collaboration with ELCA engineers, experts an managers as well as directly with clients form various business areas.
- An amazing work diversity ranging from small projects to wide programs.
- Attractive opportunities for personal and professional development with an internal career path.
- Work-Life-Balance (41 h/week flexible hours, home-office possibility, at least 25 vacation days), ergonomic and flexible workspace in a multicultural environment.
- Interesting benefits like phone cost participation, ½ fare card SBB/SFR, 1st class for business travel by train, attractive pension fund model, free non-professional accident insurance (premium worldwide), advanced daily sickness benefit insurance and fleet discount.
About your profile
- Profound education in IT (CFC / HES level or equivalent)
- A few years experience as a support technician (workstation or servers)
- Flair to communicate with end-users over the phone, email, or ticketing systems in German, French and English
- Willing to visit clients onsite
Your experience covers some or all of the following:
- Handle incidents according to their priority
- Monitoring tools to monitor the status of the infrastructure
- Setup new systems and ensuring regular maintenance in DC
- Linux and Windows operating system
- Networks (firewalling, routing, switching)
- Experience with VDI would be a plus