Junior DevOps Engineer
In this role
Your role in our Managed Services division is to act as the interface between developers and production constraints imposed by customer requirements. You have expertise in container orchestration platforms, automation and architecture, enabling you to deliver high availability software. You also know how to apply your expertise to help customers meet their specific business needs.
What we offer
- A pleasant working environment in a motivated team with solid expertise
- A broad field of technology, from standard applications to micro-services on public clouds
- An amazing work diversity ranging from small projects to wide programs
- Intensive collaboration with ELCA engineers, experts and managers as well as directly with customers from various business areas
About your profile
You believe that software only makes sense if it works at any time; you know that reconciling production with development is full of technical challenges.
For this vacancy we are seeking a graduate from a university, polytechnic or other specialized college.
Your expertise covers some or all of the following:
- Hypervisors: VMware or HyperV
- Container platforms: Docker, OpenShift, OKD or Kubernetes – operations and/or engineering
- Unix/Linux operating system
- Networks (firewalling, routing, switching)
- Relational databases (Oracle/PostgreSQL/MSSQL)
- Software Defined Infrastructure
- Configuration and deployment management tools (Puppet, Chief, Ansible, terraform)
- Optional: Automated testing tools (Selenium, Fitnesse, Cucumber)
- Optional: Continuous integration tools and processes (TFS, Jenkins, Sonar)
- Optional: Application servers such as TomCat, JBoss, Wildfly
- At least one cloud platform (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud etc.)
For Lausanne and Geneva, you have an excellent command of spoken and written French and English.