Serveless technology for Microservices architecture (Diploma Thesis / Internship)
In this role
The objective of this internship will be to explore and propose solutions for a number of concerns around our microservices application platform, such as the following:
- Explore current serverless technologies, both in the cloud and on-premise, and evaluate how these technologies can be used in microservices architectures.
- Assess the maturity of the technologies for a deployment in production (e.g., regarding distributed tracing, monitoring, troubleshooting and recovery)
- Give guidance on how to leverage the advantages of both microservices and serverless abstractions (in terms of latency, cost, reliability and simplicity)
- Explore the options to secure serverless architectures (e.g., using RASP/AppSensor built-in sensors to detect anomalies and react to them by defined measures)
- Explore the technologies to use as a service bus between functions (Kafka, gRPC, Hazelcast, Spring Cloud Bus…)
- Explore how serverless technologies integrate with continuous integration and continuous deployment processes, and how such distributed systems can be tested (including under load and when failures occur)
The concrete activities will include studying our current implementation, researching possible design choice and practices, implementing prototypes, testing them, and integrating the successful designs into our microservices platform.
What we offer
Join our team as intern and you will find a young, dynamic and culturally diverse working environment.
About your profile
- Software engineering.
- Interest for software architecture and cloud computing.
You want to leverage your educational background, apply your infinite curiosity and your out-of-the-box thinking.
With 50+ year of history and over 1000 specialists, we offer a unique spectrum of experience, skills and technical innovations.
Your initiative is a chance ! We're constantly looking for talented individuals. Check our latest job opportunities !