Trusted digital identity for e‑health
The healthcare sector in Switzerland is undergoing major changes, and the digitalisation of the healthcare system has accelerated with the arrival of the Electronic Patient Record (EPR) that is expected to be rolled out in April 2020.
Only a few months until EPR ...this is where ELCA’s trustID swiss independent, secure and EPRA certified digital identity provider solution with a competitive TCO comes into play. ELCA’s extensive healthcare experience will help you make it work.
Patients and healthcare professionals will need to have a secure and certified digital identity to access the EPR as stated in the Federal Act on the Electronic Patient Record (EPRA). This is where ELCA’s trustID swiss independent, secure and EPRA certified digital identity provider solution with a competitive TCO comes into play. ELCA’s extensive healthcare experience will help you make it work.
Perceived challenges EDP with introduction: required expertise and frequent questions
- The healthcare ecosystem is complex and requires a holistic knowledge of different areas such as the Swiss health regulation, the healthcare stakeholders, the procedures of the healthcare system and technologies.
- There are many questions that are being asked by the healthcare professionals: Who will need a certified digital identity? What will be the changes on my existing processes? How much will it cost? Will it be easy to use? How can one securely consult an EDP and how seamlessly do the available identity providers fit into my IT ecosystem?
Secure and certified IDP: ELCA’s trustID
ELCA’s trustID is built from the ground up with healthcare needs in mind and meets the severe requirements of the Federal Act on the Electronic Patient Record (EPRA) for the protection of digital data and identity. trustID is fully compliant with the swiss eID requirements.
- trustID is a digital identity provider solution with a strong multi-factor authentication.
- trustID includes the identity federation function enabling you to connect with your partners.
- trustID’s integration into your ecosystem is It is based on open-source standard technology, allowing for simple integration into the client’s ecosystem.
Our services smoothen your EDP implementation
- Defining use cases: With a view to obtaining the EPRA certification, ELCA can accompany you in defining the use cases and procedures linked to the opening of your Hospital Information System (HIS) to your healthcare partners and patients. We follow a pragmatic methodology by organising trade workshops alongside you, so that we can prepare the most relevant use cases and define solutions together.
- Security reinforcement and opening of your HIS to your partners: Our advice covers cybersecurity risk analysis as well as recommendations to ensure the security of your digital transformation. We also aid in the implementation of security elements such as API gateways and secure microservices architecture.
- trustID implementation: Our cybersecurity consultants have more than 15 years’ experience in implementing strong authentication solutions. We assist our clients with the implementation of secure digital identity solutions and identity federation.
Why ELCA and trustID?
ELCA is an independent IT provider that manages strong digital identity and authentication solutions and has broad expertise in the digital healthcare field with over 15 years of experience on strategic projects such as MonDossierMedical (Geneva), the first Electronic Patient Record in Switzerland, MedEx/MedIn, an hospital information system exchange solution or Sumex, a health billing system.
The trustID solution is fully developed and operated in Switzerland and meets the highest current e-health security requirements, as well as future requirements for the electronic identification for e-ID citizens.