Junior Java Software Engineer (SecuTix)
In this role
The SecuTix product consists of a cloud ticketing solution deployed worldwide across many data centers. As a Technical Engineer you will join a team dedicated to handling the overall stability and performance of the solution. The activities involved range from precise interventions to analyze and unblock critical production performance issues, to designing and introducing new architectural components, adapting to the growth of our client portfolio.
You will be expected to gain an overall understanding of the architecture of the product, providing your own insights into how to evolve the design to meet both functional and non-functional requirements, in addition to showing signs of independent thinking and initiative. The position will give you the chance to intervene at many levels, as you will be required to jump easily between operational, analysis and development roles.
Combining a large, varied client portfolio from across the world, the Secutix work environment provides a unique opportunity to make this a highly challenging and rewarding position. Over the coming years, you will get the opportunity to shape and build the future of ticketing software on the cloud, whilst seeing it deployed across some of the world’s largest events.
Mission and responsibilities:
- Work with other teams to ensure the long-term performance and stability of the SecuTix software solution. Identify, implement and test targeted changes in this area.
- Participate in the architectural design process to ensure performance and maintainability of the product are guaranteed.
- Setup and maintain tools to monitor and analyze the performance of the solution across all environments.
- Get involved in operational issues, coordinate with other departments, and take responsibility for the changes delivered to production
- Coach development teams in applying various technologies, frameworks, methods, tools to develop clean, performant, maintainable code and comply with coding guidelines. Ensure necessary unit tests and automatic tests are in place.
Ce que nous proposons
- Get the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience by working on a broad range of exciting projects, products, customers and technologies
- A dynamic work and collaborative environment with a highly motivated multi-cultural and international sites team
- Attractive prospects for career path & Personal development through training and coaching
- The chance to make a difference in peoples’ life by building innovative solutions
- Various internal coding events (Hackathon, Brownbags), see our technical blog
- Monthly After-Works organized per locations
- Good work-life balance (2 days per week from home)
- Attractive pension fund with 3 types of employees’ contributions & Private ward and worldwide coverage with Zurich insurance
- Loss of salary for sickness and non-professional accident contribution fully supported by the company
- Paternity/Maternity leave: legal duration paid at 100% /
- 1/2 SBB fare abonnement
- Mobile and home discount program
About your profile
- Very good knowledge of Java, including development & build tools (Maven)
- In-depth development experience with open source Java technologies: Spring framework, Hibernate, JPA
- High awareness of non-functional aspects - reliability, availability, performance, scalability, security – and tools used to analyze these aspects
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, in particular AWS, and container delivery models (Docker)
- Knowledge of data storage systems and middleware: Oracle, PostgresSQL, MongoDB, Redis, JMS solutions, Kafka
- Proficient communication skills in English
- Analytical and structured work method