trustID: The evolutive electronic identity solution by ELCA (eID)
trustID is a quick and easy-to-run solution to securely create and manage identities providing authentication to access sensitive data and corporate ressources.
trustID is a full stack, multi-factor authentication solution and Identity Provider that meets the mobility and security needs of nomadic users.
Recent trends in Information Technology (e.g. cloud computing, BYOD, mobility, social tools, Internet of Everything) have increased the need for connectivity, flexibility and usability. This impacts corporate access control policies and gives rise to the need for highly flexible supporting tools such as trustID.
trustID is an Identity Provider with full stack, multi-factor authentication offering full security and protecting the privacy of identities. trustID addresses the challenges of modern computing. It not only meets the mobility needs of nomadic users, it also protects sensitive enterprise and personal data. trustID covers a large number of business needs and offers a hands-on user experience. It does not need new hardware and comes with plug-and-pay integration into an existing environment.
trustID is available as a full SaaS application, on-demand or on-premise. Although tailored for eHealth needs, trustID is adaptable for reference communities, hospitals and other health institutions. It can also be presented as a white label offer, for example for a private IDP or a one-stop shop. trustID is currently being evaluated for electronic health record certification in Switzerland and for e-ID.
trustID is also fully compliant with the swiss eID requirements.
This is trustID :
- Intuitive user self-service
- Easy token switch for user
- Protects remote and local access (e.g., web application or portal, web-based thin clients, VPN, cloud applications) and mobile applications.
- Available in different form factors depending on business case: grid card, grid card + secret path, SMS TAN, smartphone token for IOS and Android, biometrical authentication.
- Allows tokens for everyone, everywhere: trendy smartphone apps from major public stores, SMS code on old-timer mobiles and grid cards for mobile-reluctant users. Registering different tokens removes the need for a rescue solution and complex replacements.
- Same device authenticates all access types
- configurable security policy
- Customized and branded user interface
- Highly scalable
- Based on standards and on ELCA CloudTrust secured access platform
- Authentication server on a dedicated hardened platform.
- Secure processes throughout token lifecycle from generation to decommissioning.
- Detailed access logs
Low acquisition costs
- No hardware tokens required: trustID supports token types that are displayed on existing user phones, or tokens can be printed on paper
- Standard processing power optimizes performance and allows large-scale deployments.
Limited deployment costs
- Fast plug-and-play integration into any environment.
- Standard authentication interfaces and modules for immediate integration with popular web servers, VPN gateways and Web Application Firewalls (WAF)
- Full self-service provisioning and registration operation and maintenance costs (except from a grid card, which can be transferred by mail).
- Reduced support spending thanks to self-service token locking and renewal
- Smooth switch to alternative form factor in case of loss.
- No stock maintenance or disposal procedure.
- Developed by an independent, privately-owned, Swiss-based company that is not subordinate to any government or technology vendor.
- Fully available open source code.
- Secure software engineering principles throughout development life cycle, including threat modelling, secure design, secure coding, state-of-the-art cryptography, security reviews and vulnerability watch.
For 50 years, including more than 15 years in management of digital identities, we’ve focused on trusted relationships with our customers and users. Security is one of our permanent concerns. We work on it without compromises. As a private and independent group, we are fully committed to the security of your data. We’re not subordinate to any government or technology vendor.
Available in full SaaS mode, the trustID solution is also available on-demand and on-premise
- Interfaces: RADIUS, SAML and LDAP, OpenID Connect
- Smart token client: IOS, Android,
- Monitoring: SNMP services, SMTP alerts, secured logs, NTP synchronization
Don't hesistate to contact us for more information.
All-in-one Swiss Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) security solution from ELCA protects your data in the cloud.
Protect your information assets against cyber threats and meet the regulatory requirements concerning your data.
Effective IAM is a key success factor for organizations in the digital age, allowing better risk and compliance management, improving operational effectiveness and enabling business efficiency.