Records management solutions allow you to comply with regulations concerning lifecycle management of the informaton in your organization.
How to identify, classify, store, secure, retrieve, track, destroy or permanently preserve your records throughout their lifecycle and according to your industry’s legal requirements.
Records Management is an organizational challenge for every business. Processes and structures need to be analyzed and, if necessary, adapted so records management requirements can be applied consistently. Important questions for defining your requirements :
- Which regulatory guidelines and laws (compliance) are crucial for my company?
- What information must be protected in accordance with these guidelines and for how long?
- What would be the consequences or penalties if the regulatory guidelines are not complied with? Who is liable and for what?
- To what extent are we already covering Records Management guidelines using existing systems?
- What road map exists to comply with the guidelines or what map needs to be developed?
The basics of a proper records management strategy include an inventory of information types, their enterprise lifecycle and the validity of the data. In addition, rules for creating records must be defined. Since the data often comes from different sources, this task should not be underestimated.
Nowadays, a modern Records Management solution must make provision for very different requirements:
- Multi-layered file structures for storing electronic files across several levels.
- Safekeeping periods and destruction rules.
- Search functions for finding documents based on properties or content.
- Audit trail for transactions that have an influence on records.
- Clear access and processing rights as regards metadata and documents.
Thanks to ELCA’s extensive experience in records management, we are an ideal partner for the following:
- Consulting services for inventory and organizational tasks.
- Defining a file plan and implementation of a file plan tool, which helps to define rules for the creation of records.
- Realization and configuration of modern Records Management Solutions.
ELCA's Records Management solutions are based on ECM products that are market leaders, and which ELCA has adapted to suit the requirements of specific industries and adapts to specific customer contexts.