Security Engineer (Operations)
In this role
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join the existing security team that manages the ongoing compliance and security of ELCA Cloud Services.
Your daily tasks may include:
- Assisting in day to day management of cloud security operations
- Running scheduled vulnerability scans, distributing reports and following up the results
- Responding to security alerts and escalating where necessary
- Assisting with annual security compliance audits
- Implementing new security solutions in production datacentres
- Evaluating firewall change requests from teams
- Monitoring and reviewing system access and privileged access rights
What we offer
- A pleasant working environment in a motivated team with solid expertise
- A broad field of technology, from standard applications to micro-services on public clouds
- An amazing work diversity ranging from small projects to wide programs
- Intensive collaboration with ELCA engineers, experts and managers as well as directly with customers from various business areas
About your profile
For this vacancy we are seeking a graduate with a bachelor’s degree or higher in Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science as well as relevant certification in at least one major cloud platform Such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
You must have at least 3 years previous work experience in some of the following areas:
- Managing security devices such as firewalls, proxies, endpoint protection systems.
- Deploying & managing SIEM, IDS/IPS, IAM & WAF
- Vulnerability scanning
- Patch management on systems and network devices
- Popular Linux distributions including system hardening
- Managed services hosting and public cloud infrastructure
- Recent Windows operating systems, AD, LDAP
- excellent technical problem-solving skills
- ability to priorities urgent important tasks
- good verbal and written communication in English & French
- a working knowledge of Scripting language such as Python and bash
- have a clean financial and criminal record.
You are a team player with ability to work independently on tasks when required.
We are looking for someone with experience in working with one major public cloud platform, with a good knowledge of Infrastructure as code, Git, Puppet, Ansible and Terraform. You must have a working knowledge of Scripting language such as Python and bash.