Professional services manager
In this role
We are looking for an experienced Professional services manager involving the sale of several million tickets each. In the future, the majority of these tickets will be delivered to customers on mobile phones, and implementing this transition will be a strong driving factor for your projects. You will work with very high-brand customers in sports and events, and experience the ultimate thrill of seeing millions of spectators experience the results of your work. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-divisional internal teams (up to 20 colleagues to coordinate across 3 geographies). You will report to the head of the “Game Changer” division.
Missions and responsibilities
- Drive large ticketing projects to success. Such projects are likely to involve international customers, multiple stakeholders, complex environments, with a strong focus on Mobile Ticketing and many different interfaces to define and establish (CRM, Accounting, Access control, Payments, etc…)
- Coordinate internal resources and customers for the flawless execution of projects. Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Manage the relationship with the client, through regular onsite visits.
- Organize and lead the steering committees with customers in coordination with the defined strategy.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as internal staff members.
- Get involved in the functional scope expected by the customer, understand the current system, and manage the specific project improvements and integrations to be delivered.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools.
- Budget management - Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Lead internal coordination sessions to ensure that all project commitments are met.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks and escalate to management as needed.
- Participate in the collection and sharing of know-how created within projects.
- Assist in some pre-sales activities, through the definition of project scope, objectives, planning, and financial elements.
What we offer
- A stimulating and professional working environment in a dynamic team with extensive expertise
- Exciting projects using the latest technologies
- Flat organisational hierarchies and cross-functional teamwork
- Close contact with customers in a creative industry
- A supportive culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal training and development
About your profile
- Masters’ degree in computer science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in project management in the IT industry, preferably in an e-commerce or Mobile App development context
- 4+ years of experience in ticketing, preferably in a sports context
- Sound technical background in software engineering (Mobile apps, Cloud-based SaaS solutions, Agile methodology, software lifecycles, product lifecycles, and/or platform interfaces)
- Action-oriented with the ability to balance urgency with sound judgement
- Comfortable with high-pressure situations
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluency in English is mandatory (spoken and written). Good French and other languages are a plus.
- Project management certifications are appreciated.